Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Where art thou, SMSA students?

Good morning peeps...
I know its the weekend and you must be in the holiday mood but I'd just like to remind you that the Pre-U Career and Higher Learning Department is open for consultations and we are here to guide you through any higher education applications that you may have like UCAS and Hecas (which will only open once results are out). You can also come and see us if you have any quieries regarding what to do whilst waiting for your results and so on. 

On another note, it saddens and disappoints me when I receive emails or hear that SMSA students have been applying through agencies instead of coming to us with help for applications. If you are applying for UCAS, you MUST apply through SMSA. We will be the ones approving your application and send it to UCAS. We have provided instructions for the students to register through SMSA but still you are applying through various agencies...are they promising guarantees to universities? 

My advice is be cautious / careful of your decisions especially when choosing your courses in universities. Do your own research as well ensuring the deadlines of universities that you are applying for. If you are shy to see us, send us an email where we will reply and try our best to help you.

Around this time, students should be piling up to see the career department for advice and guidance to higher education. But I only see 2 students per day...you should be seeking your tutors for references too because once results are out they will be busy preparing for the new Pre-U 1s to come in. 

Be productive and take charge of your own decisions!

1 comments:

ucas said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow...


ucas

Post a Comment